Home Forums Goods – closed The Offical Burton thread

This topic contains 941 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by  Elektropow 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 942 total)
  • Author

Spenser
    Participant

^ yes

snowman
    Participant

the con artist/con artist xx is by far my favorite burton shape

Cheers to that !!!

Peter
    Participant

Uninc maybe fishcuit or the original fish

Original fish no doubt. Stiff, damp, and floats. If it were a touch wider it would be perfect in my opinion

frst
    Participant

Has anyone here ridden both Landlord and Flight Attendant, how would you compare them? Is LL a bit softer and quicker to turn? I could get a really good price for a LL split, I already have FA but after riding Con Artist I’ve noticed how much more fun it’s in trees and tighter spots.

psklt
    Participant

I’d be all over a fish if they brought back the camber

Spenser
    Participant

I don’t think the LL is softer, but it may be a bit quicker in tree terrain because it’s got more taper and setback. it’s really a great shape.

Angler
    Participant

OG CA my favorite board all time…..  Love the slim rails and the shape of the board.

Angler
    Participant

Has anyone here ridden both Landlord and Flight Attendant, how would you compare them? Is LL a bit softer and quicker to turn? I could get a really good price for a LL split, I already have FA but after riding Con Artist I’ve noticed how much more fun it’s in trees and tighter spots.

Agree with Spenser, It’s not softer but it turns much quicker.  I think the shape lends itself to being quick edge to edge.  It does have a more surf feel to it as well.  If you already have the FA go for the LL.

highme
    Keymaster

Matty Snowman Coleslawed honestly read between the lines … don’t care what you say and how you spin it … i ride with my friends anyways and you are t them …. i get stoked with my friends anyway and you aren’t them and trust me I’m not lonely nor am i in you wanna be ranks … you sit here and belittle people on other sites , you make fun of others that don’t feel your particular brand is the best shit since sliced bread … think i wanna be part of your ranks lamo please MF and great some one else is selling a pair of bindings for 1/5 of my price , thats like the little old lady selling a new 69 mustang for $300 don’t mean thats what its worth …. when i first got here you all ganged up on me for selling here so i stopped i stuck with the other venues now you ganging up cause I’m selling on other venues ???? who the fuck are you , nobody thats the answer what fucking culture you’re wanna be cool high school kids that have a clique now un like the real high school days matt you and jay can suck each other off while talking union and capita and big B i feel sorry for the new people that lurk this site cause theyre learning that what you guys do is right GTFOH cole I’ve crashed and burned so many time I’m like ghost rider , i keep going no matter what yall try to do to belittle me …. I Dont CARE … bye bye felicia

Nice meltdown OP.

highme
    Keymaster

It’s been a couple of seasons, but I demo’d the FA & LL back to back at Bachelor on a shitty hardpack day and liked the LL much more.

Shredder
    Participant

Lesley Betts‎ до Dig My Quiver преди 9 мин. · Hey Quiver Kids. As you know, the past few seasons we at Burton have been doing some re-issues that are Made at Craig’s Prototype Facility – and today we’re talking about what we’re going to release next. I’d love to get some feedback from you guys about what SHAPES you’d like to see come back into play/the market. Quick rules of feedback: 1. Full Retro Releases are off the table – but we’re willing to entertain adjustments on previous concepts. i.e. CK Nug – Kelly Air, Nose/Tail + Nug Raduction. 2. Shapes Only, not Graphics. I know you guys are attached to some of our more iconic graphics, but talking shape only here. 3. One answer only – really think about what you’d be stoked to see. I know you can spout out 35 different models that you loved the ride of, but help me narrow it down to the one board that you NEED in your life. 4. Quick answers, we’ve got 24 hours to make a decision and want your feedback! Thanks! Lesley Sr. Product Manager, Burton Snowboards this is interesting,

Yep.

Skipjack directional camber ‘Japan’ in bigger size maybe 156? and Con Artist too with mid 7 sidecut…

c.fuzzy
    Keymaster

Lesley Betts‎ до Dig My Quiver преди 9 мин. · Hey Quiver Kids. As you know, the past few seasons we at Burton have been doing some re-issues that are Made at Craig’s Prototype Facility – and today we’re talking about what we’re going to release next. I’d love to get some feedback from you guys about what SHAPES you’d like to see come back into play/the market. Quick rules of feedback: 1. Full Retro Releases are off the table – but we’re willing to entertain adjustments on previous concepts. i.e. CK Nug – Kelly Air, Nose/Tail + Nug Raduction. 2. Shapes Only, not Graphics. I know you guys are attached to some of our more iconic graphics, but talking shape only here. 3. One answer only – really think about what you’d be stoked to see. I know you can spout out 35 different models that you loved the ride of, but help me narrow it down to the one board that you NEED in your life. 4. Quick answers, we’ve got 24 hours to make a decision and want your feedback! Thanks! Lesley Sr. Product Manager, Burton Snowboards this is interesting,

Pandering & emotional commitment all in one. A great way to make $$$!

/s but also maybe not /s

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  c.fuzzy.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  c.fuzzy.

illocon
    Participant

An ‘I don’t care’ answer wouldn’t be that long and would be more of the “That’s what I’m selling them for if you don’t want to pay that much then don’t” kind. For what little it is worth, the 160 Blackscales Fish appears to be low priced in comparison to your other items particularly for a well regarded board (I sold an unridden 156 one to someone here for £350, which is to the top of what UK bods will ever pay for an older board).

Well, it appears as if the bitching about prices actually helped stuff get sold as that 160, and a few other pieces, are no longer there (unless they just timed out).

illocon
    Participant

As for the Burton call, seems like a nice bit of free marketing/research for their next $2k board.

I don’t understand their aversion to reissues if there is patently a demand for certain boards, or at least their graphics, in modern (or wider/bigger) construction.

89c51
    Participant

As for the Burton call, seems like a nice bit of free marketing/research for their next $2k board. I don’t understand their aversion to reissues if there is patently a demand for certain boards, or at least their graphics, in modern (or wider/bigger) construction.

May be contracts with the artists prohibit using the graphics again. I’d love a jamil 157.5 reissue but certainly not for 2k.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 942 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.