Home Forums Goods – closed The Offical Burton thread

This topic contains 941 replies, has 87 voices, and was last updated by  Elektropow 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 942 total)
  • Author

F1EA
    Participant

Has anyone here ridden both Landlord and Flight Attendant, how would you compare them? Is LL a bit softer and quicker to turn? I could get a really good price for a LL split, I already have FA but after riding Con Artist I’ve noticed how much more fun it’s in trees and tighter spots.

Landlord is stiffer and more responsive, because it has a lighter core and much more carbon. So FA will have a bit more of a damp freestyle flex to it.

FA has much more camber. The camber section on both extends for the same length, but the FA has more camber than LL. I would say about 6mm for FA and 3mm for LL (eye measurement calibrated with a beer).

LL has a lot more taper and setback, also a smaller more aggressive pin tail and a more gradual mellow nose rise. FA has more of a typical park board regular style tail and nose. LL is pretty floaty, FA has a bit more of a typical camber board feel (with a little entry rocker).

FA has a bit more effective edge and more of a twin feel. Both have what they call “balanced freeride geometry” thing but on the FA it is actually noticeable… on the LL it’s more like….. balanced whut? I’m riding backwards.

LL is a great tree board. Great groomer board. Great powder board. Great freeride board. Very directional and extremely agile.

FA is more freestyle oriented and has more feel of a regular board that floats well.

Oh…. and if the split is a 163…. Can I has it? 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  F1EA. Reason: I wanna 163 LL Split!
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  F1EA.

hannibal
    Blocked

An ‘I don’t care’ answer wouldn’t be that long and would be more of the “That’s what I’m selling them for if you don’t want to pay that much then don’t” kind. For what little it is worth, the 160 Blackscales Fish appears to be low priced in comparison to your other items particularly for a well regarded board (I sold an unridden 156 one to someone here for £350, which is to the top of what UK bods will ever pay for an older board).

Well, it appears as if the bitching about prices actually helped stuff get sold as that 160, and a few other pieces, are no longer there (unless they just timed out).

yes very much … thanks you guys 

snowman
    Participant

There’s a sucker born every minute

PT Barnum

nmb
    Participant

I need a FA!!!!!!!!!!

psklt
    Participant

That’s exactly how I felt about the FA, it felt more like a slightly directional twin that floated well.  Carves really well but the waist is a bit narrow, floats well, bomber fast, just didn’t feel too different or special enough to me

nmb
    Participant

if the 156 came in a wide/260mm waist width i’d cream

Supra
    Participant

How is PurePop camber guys? I can’t remember if the consensus was that it was good or bad.

frst
    Participant

How is PurePop camber guys? I can’t remember if the consensus was that it was good or bad.

I like it, doesn’t feel that different from regular camber. Maybe it’s just slightly more catch free and easier to press than pure camber, but nothing like rocker-camber-rocker.

Thanks everyone for the answers about the LL, being good in the trees makes it sound like it’s more what I would want as a split than the FA (or Dump Truck, which seems to be just a stiffer FA). Now it’s just weighting if I’m willing to spend money now on a board I would probably use a couple of times sometime in 2018, hah. And @f1ea, I’m in Europe so not sure how useful those offers would be to you. 159 is what I’m thinking myself.

BFBF
    Participant

El Che
    Participant

Richard Johnson always up to no good…

Elektropow
    Participant

“Hard on”, hah! One of the better ones of the day, although I’d have appreciated a hint more subtlety.

Alexxx
    Participant

“… the traditional strap on system remains a fine option.”

Vanni
    Participant

Burton Announces New Hard Boot System

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” title=”“Burton Announces New Hard Boot System” — Whitelines Snowboarding” src=”https://whitelines.com/news/burton-announces-new-hard-snowboard-boot-system.html/embed#?secret=REDvn45bzx” width=”500″ height=”239″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”REDvn45bzx”></iframe>

april fools?

Elektropow
    Participant

Nah man! I’m just worried the about how long lasting the system will be, especially after these early rumours about EJack. He’s hard on his boards.

Velvet Hammer
    Participant

Burton Announces New Hard Boot System

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” title=”“Burton Announces New Hard Boot System” — Whitelines Snowboarding” src=”https://whitelines.com/news/burton-announces-new-hard-snowboard-boot-system.html/embed#?secret=REDvn45bzx” width=”500″ height=”237″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”REDvn45bzx”></iframe>

A ha ha ha ha ha ha

It is just a matter of time, though

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Velvet Hammer.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Velvet Hammer.
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 942 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.