Home Forums Mountains – Closed The Official "Captain's Log" thread

This topic contains 509 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  matty 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)
  • Author

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

^^day 52!? Christ. What do you do for a living besides snowboard?

day 16 for me. Was one of those days everything was on point. Laced my boots perfectly. Tried tightening the ankle straps a little less and it was money. First day in a new board (skipjack surf) and it was just perfect.  Made strong, confident drawn out and tight turns all day. Lovely, albeit short, day to take the pup for a bike after

nmb
    Participant

had a BLAST at PowMow with @parker .  Glad we had someone to show us around otherwise we would have been clueless.  Couple things;

• riding “powder” in Michigan is a joke
    • I am really good at tomahawking
    • tomahawking makes M3s fog up like a motherfucker
    • @parker can really send a cliff drop
    • fitness wise, I just don’t have it right now, legs turned into jello after four hours haha
    • the cheetah ripped all day long
    • had a LOT of fucking fun even digging myself out of trenches and gullies

Thanks again Parker!  If anyone is riding PowMow/Brighton/Snowbasin/Snowbird this week shoot me a PM.  Riding Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday also but not sure where.

Anonymous

Day 19 with @notmikebuckley at powmow good times.

rick b
    Participant

niiiiiiice.   /peoplehelpingshredpow

scored a lil fresh cream pow today with my kids.  didnt expect it to be dumping when we left the house but, we’ll take it.

my youngest got out on our 58 Charlie for the first time and loved it ^^
    i rode a 172 rad air tanker, or it took me for a ride

Anonymous
    • riding “powder” in Michigan is a joke

Lol

Angler
    Participant

@lilteichmonster, LOL work in the hospitality business so I can get out in the mornings before work.  Only live 45 minutes from mountain.  Wanted to demo a skipjack this year but never got round to it. Looks like a fun board!

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

@lilteichmonster, LOL work in the hospitality business so I can get out in the mornings before work. Only live 45 minutes from mountain. Wanted to demo a skipjack this year but never got round to it. Looks like a fun board!

ill give you mine if you get me a job like that. No italics.

ezcm
    Participant

Mid 40s and raining here. Lovely.

coleslawed
    Participant

it was 60 and sunny all weekend here. snow coming next.

day 7(?) on saturday for the Trollhaugen Railed Slalom. they had hosted the Troll Project all week before, so the course just snaked through the riders right of the run. turn #3 had the option to ride a rail through, and turns 5 & 6 were a mini-hip into a quarter pipe drop. pretty fun to rip though.

The Troll Project – Highlights and Recap

Ba L
    Participant

Just checked my spreadsheet. Got 39 days so far. Need to step up my game and travel out west again…

nmb
    Participant

Rode Brighton today on the Kilroy Custom.  This board is really growing on me, I do wish it had a little taper though.  We lapped the same chair at Brighton for 6 hours..didn’t even see anything else of the mountain.  Hid in the trees all day.

Anonymous

I couldn’t land shit on the fish for some reason but heres a quick recap of sunday day 19

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

Just checked my spreadsheet. Got 39 days so far. Need to step up my game and travel out west again…

STep your game up? I live out west and don’t even have half that many days!

El Che
    Participant

@parker That’s how I was on the the Charlie…just couldn’t land a god damn thing…had to sell it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  El Che.

Ben
    Participant

I couldn’t land shit on the fish for some reason but heres a quick recap of sunday day 19

b/s 3’s also are allusive to me on occasion, land super backseat and explode (especially on the skipjack).

those hits look super fun though!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Ben.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 510 total)

The forum ‘Mountains – Closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.