This topic contains 480 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  slim253 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 481 total)
  • Author

matty
    Participant

My last relationship was with a woman who snowboards 30+ days a season. While it didn’t work out, one benefit was that she didn’t question my purchases of snowboarding stuff. If anything, my gear whoring rubbed off on her and she started to expand her own quiver!

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

^ the dream. they had the women’s clovis for even cheaper. at one point she said that would get her to try it again. don’t think she was fully serious but oh well. it’s definitely a strain at times as she thinks “i’m always gone every weekend”. really its one day and im back by like 2 cause CO traffic blows. i need to try to get her on skis. think it would be better for her bad back

CJS
    Participant

My wife skis and loves it as much as I love snowboarding.  She never complains about me getting gear, says “I deserve it.”  I usually buy her skis also and now she has a ski quiver…so that may have something to do with it haha.

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

i would definitely buy my fiance boards if she was into it! i’ve always like the burton day trader. the clovis is cool. she’s always liked the graphics on the jones womens boards as well

El Che
    Participant

I taught my wife over ten years ago to snowboard and she likes it just enough to go on trips out west and sometimes to the local hills. I constantly buy her new shit…she definitely loves new shit.

psklt
    Participant

taught my gf this season and she picked it up suuuuper fast.  She always asks if I “really need another snowboard” but one day we were out in some deep pow and all she had was a twin, she was getting really fed up and I showed her the Day Trader.  She bought it almost right away + a new pair of bindings and loves it.  She’s ripping carves on it and floating great.  Now she understands why I buy so many pow boards haha

Triple8Sol
    Participant

taught my gf this season and she picked it up suuuuper fast. She always asks if I “really need another snowboard” but one day we were out in some deep pow and all she had was a twin, she was getting really fed up and I showed her the Day Trader. She bought it almost right away + a new pair of bindings and loves it. She’s ripping carves on it and floating great. Now she understands why I buy so many pow boards haha

Sounds just like my experience this season. In the past I’d set her bindings back on her directional twin (NS Infinity) but even then it only helped so much in deeper pow. Then she got stuck in tits deep snow opening weekend at Whistler, which took her at least 20min to get out of. Didn’t help that it was last run of the day and she was already exhausted beforehand. Surprised her with a Day Trader for Christmas and now she rides that thing everywhere! Next season, might have to find her a short fat pow board.

black bnr32
    Participant

Convincing spouses is for amateurs.  The pros have kids and convince them.

highme
    Keymaster

My wife owns a snowboard that she got for Christmas from her uncle the year before we met. It’s an old K2 146 Dart or something. It’s never been ridden. It would be cool if she wanted to join in, but I ain’t gonna force her and “me time” on pow days is nice to have.

slim253
    Participant

Convincing spouses is for amateurs. The pros have kids and convince them.

lol

El Che
    Participant

Convincing spouses is for amateurs. The pros have kids and convince them.

Definitely true…the boy started this year and it opens another level of gear whoring…

Duffalo
    Participant

I tried to convince my girlfriend to try it this season to no avail. She’s never skied, never boarded. As much as I like boarding on my own or with a friend or two some days would be nice to get her to go with me. Any tips on convincing her to give it a shot? Other than buying a whole setup that looks great

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

I honestly think buying a setup she likes the look/style of is a good start.

Probably shouldn’t try to teach yourself. Have her take a lesson for sure

El Che
    Participant

I tried to convince my girlfriend to try it this season to no avail. She’s never skied, never boarded. As much as I like boarding on my own or with a friend or two some days would be nice to get her to go with me. Any tips on convincing her to give it a shot? Other than buying a whole setup that looks great

I don’t know how old you are, but if you’re serious about her and your relationship you should make it a priority. Tell her snowboarding is something you see yourself doing for the rest of your life and that it is something you would love to do with her together…then if your relationship is really serious play the kids card—don’t you want to ride with our kids…that stuff worked for me.

Riding with your friends is awesome. Riding with your lady is totally different but just as great…riding with your kids is the fucking best.

drjcv
    Participant

this is crazy talk. keep your lady off the slopes for sure. kids? that may be a duty/obligation if they’re into it. but girlfriend? fuck count your blessings she isn’t making you rub her feet in the lodge.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 481 total)

The forum ‘The Bathroom (aka FS/WTB/Megasale Exchange) – Closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.