Home Forums Goods – closed The Official Korua Shapes Thread

This topic contains 398 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  coleslawed 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 399 total)
  • Author

nmb
    Participant

Anyone want to trade an Asytoni regular or Tranny Finder for my Puzzle?  Good condition, some slight binding rash.

nmb
    Participant

Oops, meant Apollo regular. Or the shorter Stealth. Or Tranny Finder in either size.

Peter
    Participant

it turns, it pops, its fun! still adjusting to the big ole nose and squash tail. felt like i was popping way more than usual over rollers, but then i hopped on the DOA to compare, and i was still floating, so i think i’m just having a good day, hah. could be that the massive camber makes up for the lack of tail to pop off, while the the DOA is less camber, but more tail, so it all evens out? havent gotten too aggressive carving yet as I decided to give the size 10 Sequals another shot, and the feet weren’t feeling it.

Get anymore days/time on it? Curious as to how the long sidecut handles resort riding

Edit: NVM got the sidecuts from the Café and Trenchdigger mixed up

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Peter.

coleslawed
    Participant

yeah, this board just wants to turn. quick & dodging, mellow & carving. it’s honestly hard to straight line.

and she’s fast.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  coleslawed.

Rcotto
    Participant

What is the length on your Apollo?

Shredder
    Participant

Nicholas and crew have been testing the tugboat and new construction Trannys in Furano..

Triple8Sol
    Participant

Finally got these out on the mtn yesterday.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Triple8Sol.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Triple8Sol.

psklt
    Participant

@triple8sol howd you like the tranny finder?

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

those blue malavitas look sick on their. i rock my iguchi x asymbol 4th phase bindings on my TF and they look rad. really anything against the plain white topsheet is rad

Triple8Sol
    Participant

@triple8sol howd you like the tranny finder?

It’s a great carver. Like all the Koruas, stiff and great edgehold, although not as damp as I expected. Not great in pow though, whereas the Apollo is much better as you’d expect from the short swallowtail.

Triple8Sol
    Participant

Here’s a pic of the two boards above with the Puzzle. Wish I had taken more pics to share, but between myself and a couple buddies, we bought a shitload of Koruas this season: Stealth 56, Tranny 54, Tranny 57, Apollo Goofy 56, Apollo Regular 52, Apollo Regular 56, and Puzzle 61. Had to try them all after getting hooked on Yearning for Turning vol.2 last season.

coleslawed
    Participant

what’s your favorite of the bunch?

I’d still like to get on a Tranny Finder. love the Cafe Racer.

psklt
    Participant

interesting that you say the TF isn’t great in pow…

What factors made you feel that way?  I got the 54 to fit in between my short 52 caxx and 56 hovercraft.  On paper it looks like it’d be pretty good in pow with the taper, nose/tail width, and if i set it back all the way.  Wont have it til wednesday though.

nmb
    Participant

Man, I thought I was going to be super into my Puzzle but it was kinda “meh” for me.  Too much hype.  Rode it in slush, rode it at PowMow in some deep stuff too, and some good ole groomers.  It was the most fun in slush and just carving on groomers.  It would never be a board I would spring to on any day of riding.  The extra width is nice when carving and it never felt slow edge to edge but it had a slight boat feeling to it.  Floats fine but the ride is missing something.  Just my opinion, I still wish I had one to tear up groomers on but there are plenty of other boards that do that just fine.  I also think it’s funny when you see used ones pop up for $400+ when they are readily available for near that price when new.

A2
    Participant

I’ve been riding a Stealth 156 this season and really enjoyed it. Nimble with great float in pow. i’m around 185lbs/84kg and it feels like the perfect size for me. pretty much unsinkable, floats better than my landlord 163. carving is nice too, the wider width is definitely not a bad thing and it’s not slow edge to edge. I would prefer a slightly longer sidecut but that’s just me. Liked it so much that didn’t ride my other board at all this season (landlord, nitro slash, iguchi camber) First post btw .

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.