Home Forums Goods – closed The Official Korua Shapes Thread

This topic contains 398 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  coleslawed 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 399 total)
  • Author

El Che
    Participant

I have a 57 TF and a 56 Apollo. I’m a heavier dude at 205lb and would prefer both to be softer. I enjoy both as rippers on groomers. I bought the Apollo in hopes that it would be softer than the TF, but it’s comparable. I have ridden the TF in waist deep Utah and Tahoe powder. Float was awesome, just too stiff for my liking.

if you feel like selling that tranny finder, let a brother know!

coleslawed
    Participant

yup, i believe the K+ boards have carbon added.

DanDeLion
    Participant

I fondled one and yes, significantly lighter and stiffer than the regular ones

psklt
    Participant

my tf came today while I was out riding pow.  This thing is pretty beautiful and I cant wait to ride it

Pberry
    Participant

+ series will be expensive, TF is available here for 699 euros, capita spring break boards go for 679 to provide some perspective.

http://www.zerogchamonix.com/gb/men-s-snowboards/111170358-korua-shapes-tranny-finder-plus-mens-snowboards-23160-2040-3-30655.html

psklt
    Participant

That + looks real nice.  I’m always way more drawn to black than white, but the white topsheet is nice and clean.

I wonder what the reception is gonna be on the +’s considering majority of people say the regular models are already plenty stiff.  Lighter and stringers are nice additions though

Peter
    Participant

I want a + real bad….hoping it is like a vintage fish flex wise

CJS
    Participant

Ya looks like black base also.   Wish they did red but still looks reallu clean.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  CJS.

El Che
    Participant

I can’t believe you can grab a + already. When they posted on Instagram  5 weeks ago they told me next fall…and the at they weren’t maybe sure about the base next year…

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

can’t imagine the TF being stiffer. i didn’t ride back in the day when things were stiff AF, but the TF is the stiffest board i’ve ever ridden or hand flexed. can’t believe it goes stiffer with the + !!

coleslawed
    Participant

I can’t believe you can grab a + already. When they posted on Instagram 5 weeks ago they told me next fall…and the at they weren’t maybe sure about the base next year…

Paulownia core, carbon stringers, and nano-carbon base sounds like the BSOD. are the + boards made at the Mothership?

unsuspected
    Participant

I can’t believe you can grab a + already. When they posted on Instagram 5 weeks ago they told me next fall…and the at they weren’t maybe sure about the base next year…

Maybe just pre-orders?

89c51
    Participant

Paulownia core, carbon stringers, and nano-carbon base sounds like the BSOD. are the + boards made at the Mothership?

Probably materials that are available to any MFG.

Tekniq33
    Participant

yeah, i agree that any stiffer seems overkill, though lighter should be nice. I found the 57 TF to be pretty dang heavy.

Tekniq33
    Participant

also, what is kind of crazy to me is that the Koruas are stiff and with low weight ranges. @lilteichmonster and I are both in the 190 range and his 157 TF has a weight range topping out at 80kg. These boards are def made to be stiff as hell. Glad I was able to ride his as I would be disappointed if I bought one myself not knowing how stiff they are.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.