Home Forums Goods – closed The Official Korua Shapes Thread

This topic contains 398 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by  coleslawed 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 399 total)
  • Author

matty
    Participant

I wonder what you dudes would think of my 168 Asytoni! It doesn’t feel that stiff to me, but that’s largely because of the giant, rockered nose. I love the feel of the flex. It’s just stiff enough for me. Maybe I need to get 64 Pencil as more of an everyday board…

Hai
    Participant

also, what is kind of crazy to me is that the Koruas are stiff and with low weight ranges. @lilteichmonster and I are both in the 190 range and his 157 TF has a weight range topping out at 80kg. These boards are def made to be stiff as hell. Glad I was able to ride his as I would be disappointed if I bought one myself not knowing how stiff they are.

weight ranges are there so that the board rides the way the company wants them to ride. Isn’t going to fold if you’re over, I ride lots of boards a bit outside of my range. Korua wants their boards to ride like stiff edge holding carvers so keeping the weight ranges down makes sense. Look at the specs and decide for yourself it it fits your type of riding in each size.

Peter
    Participant

Any word on the prices difference between regular and +?

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

that link posted from a euro shop had it for 520 EUR — seemes entirely reasonable when that is converted to USD

Triple8Sol
    Participant

Any word on the prices difference between regular and +?

Going off of what @pberry posted on the last page, the + version is about 50% more expensive than the regular version. Lighter is good though, the current ones are pretty damn heavy. I love the clean prototype look of the current lineup, so I’m bummed that they didn’t retain the signature red base on the +. I’m assuming i’s because they upgraded the base from sintered 4000 to 6000.

El Che
    Participant

that link posted from a euro shop had it for 520 EUR — seemes entirely reasonable when that is converted to USD

That’s what I thought until I put the Tranny + in my cart and went to check out…it was 699 EUR…

Peter
    Participant

Damn….that is getting up there

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

wow yea thats a bit steep

psklt
    Participant

Well I got a couple hours on the TF54 today.  This thing rips man.  Its surprisingly not as stiff as I thought it’d be.  It’s definitely stiff, but I’d say it’s more medium-stiff.  The nose is mildly playful/butterable probably because of the rocker, the tail is pretty stiff and actually kind of hard to load up and spring ollies, but popping off rollers and side hits were no problem at all.

Carving was really really good as expected.  Pretty quick edge to edge.  The sintered base is super smooth and real fast.  Switch riding was surprisingly comfortable with all that taper.  I got a few laps in this one area that had probably 12″ of steeper untouched pow and it floated really well.  Pow turns are super fun and slashy.  My biggest concern was the set back of only 3/4″.  I have it as far back as it will go and it’s still about an inch forward of where I ride the Con Artist and Hovercraft.  I’d still prefer it to have a 2″ setback but it really wasn’t that noticeable or bothersome on the hill.  So far I really dig it.  I have to get a few more full days on it in pow and groomers.

illocon
    Participant

That’s in the area of most freeride or upgraded freeride boards in the EU.  A standard Jones Flagship is 600 euros, with the carbon one being 1000 euros.

Even the likes of a Custom X (720 euros) and a Skipjack 48 (620 euros) would make you lot flinch!

UK prices tend to be a bit lower, but I think we were helped with a slightly better exchange rate when the prices were set but even then a Custom X is £530, a Skipjack is £460, carbon Flagship is £800 (standard flag is £485).

Compared to all them, 700 euros isn’t an eye opening amount.

coleslawed
    Participant

That’s what I thought until I put the Tranny + in my cart and went to check out…it was 699 EUR…

€520 is the non-VAT price, €699 is VAT inclusive. if you input an address outside the EU/France, it drops the checkout price back to the €520 , which is about $550 right now, and seems reasonable from the $450 the standards go for.

El Che
    Participant

We are all wrong…I just put it in my cart and went all the way to payment thru paypal and its 582 EUR which ends up being $644…

Tekniq33
    Participant

My point simply being that we are above the range and still finding it very stiff.

Crutan
    Participant

My point simply being that we are above the range and still finding it very stiff.

so are you selling that optimistic?? If so, dibs!

A2
    Participant

do you guys know what models will be available with the upgraded construction? adding carbon seems kinda pointless other than for the splitboards which are really heavy this season. I can’t see that anyone would actually want stiffer boards than the current ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.