Home Forums Goods – closed The Official quiver thread!

This topic contains 438 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  SG Boarder 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 439 total)
  • Author

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

I’ve never seen th super 8 in person but would think it too stiff. From people’s disappointment in the flex the SK could be good.

Just left a shop to do some super scientific hand flexing. Checked out the mullair 59, bsod 59/62, and supermacho 61. Really liked the flex of the supermacho but no taper or setback and was a little wider than I wanted. The 59 mullair seemed maybe perfect. The 59 bsod did feel pretty soft, but I liked the flex of the 62. Is that just in my head or does it make sense? Not sure if I would want it that long. 59 is more of my sweet spot.

Spenser
    Participant

Mullaaaaaaair

I’m looking forward to the 59w

Shredder
    Participant

We have a super 8 in my shop at the moment and by hand flexing it feels a hair stiffer than the SK. it comes in a 157 too- mid wide waist. Very nice board!

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

Mullaaaaaaair I’m looking forward to the 59w

are you riding next years in your profile picture?

El Che
    Participant

I’ll trade you a gooch for the TF!

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

I’ll trade you a gooch for the TF!

have you been talking to alex??? haha i don’t think i’m quite ready to move the TF. but man i want to try the iguchi

do you do layaway?

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

whats flex like on a sickstick? next years shapes are super rad

Spenser
    Participant

Mullaaaaaaair I’m looking forward to the 59w

are you riding next years in your profile picture?

that’s actually last year’s, next year’s has the pink tiedye base

89c51
    Participant

Why on earth you want the wide??

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

cause wide boardz are the coolest

Peter
    Participant

eliminate toe drag?

psklt
    Participant

probably cause the WW on the 59 is 25cm and the 61 is only 25.2cm.  I think a 25.5 WW on the 155 would be killer

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  psklt.

Spenser
    Participant

after riding the short fat (286) and blunt diamond (260) and going back to the 250 Mullair, the thing felt like a ski and I want a little bump. it’s really not that wide.

unsuspected
    Participant

Been on that super 8?

Now I have.

Fun board! Rode it today in slushy snow and it carved like a beast. Definitely on the softer side but not a noodle. On the wider side for me so edge to edge isn’t super fast but good. I really like the backside camber. Maybe not the board for charging hardpack and ice. Tomorrow Derby time! 🙂

Triple8Sol
    Participant

@triple8sol — hows the flex on the kazu? what size did you get, i’d go 157 i’ve wanted to support capita for a long time so the kazu or bsod would be great.

I started with a 154 which didn’t feel stable enough for me, so I got a 157 which wasn’t much better. The problem is that I’ve gotten used to riding wider boards this year (regardless of length) so that was the main issue. I ended up selling both.  but my buddies that tried it did not have the same issue at all. They both rode very similar to the US Cadet 156, nimble, good pop and edgehold, and decent float if you’re lighter than let’s say 150lb.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Triple8Sol.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 439 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.