Home Forums Goods – closed Top 3 all time decks….

This topic contains 66 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  snowman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Velvet Hammer
    Participant

1. 1995 159 K2 Fatbob –  this board changed the game for me, my first wide board. This board paired with a set of Clickers and Nitro boots was my first setup. Too much fun on that board.

2. 1999 168 Burton Canyon – This was my first really big board. I was living in Summit county at the time and was starting to learn about setback and big noses. Paired with Burton CFX binding. I think that was the name, it was just the Custom binding with carbon fiber highbacks. I remember I broke both in about a week.

3. 2007 161 Rome Mod wide reg camber – This was and is my quiver killer board. This is my GOAT board. I can set this board up to ride any condition. I had one of my all time best powder days ever on this board.

Geoffthemover
    Participant

OK I’ll play.

1) My daily driver.  Currently a Capita Warpspeed 161. Absolutely love it, feels and handles exactly how I want. Will it go down as one of the great boards in history?  I don’t know but if your daily driver isn’t in your top 3 then you need a new daily driver.

2) Burton Malolo 162. To me this is one of the greatest designs in history, it really baffles me that they stopped making it. Wicked in pow, and really anywhere else I’d ride it.

3) Bacon. Bacon is top 3 on any list.

Too many honorable mentions. List is subject to change by the end of the day.

drjcv
    Participant

1. uninc 160

2. fish

3. Sherlock/mercury tied

matty
    Participant

OK I’ll play. 1) […]if your daily driver isn’t in your top 3 then you need a new daily driver. […] 3) Bacon. Bacon is top 3 on any list.  

Quoted for truth and wisdom!

niemoid
    Participant

1. Fish 56 (s-rocker version). Still find myself coming back to my goldfish time and again.

2. Sherlock 57. Versatile, fast, light, and everyone I rode with said it just seemed like it “fit” me.

3. Nug 150. Still my go-to resort board for those slushy spring days.

Honorable mention: Charlie/Party Shark 164, Mod rocker 156

Pretty sure my first board was a Morrow Revert 155 that I bought from a pawn shop near my job at the YMCA back in high school. I didn’t know shit about boards, but I rode that bitch until there was no base structure left to grind.

awd1105
    Participant

1. Burton LandLord 163

2. Burton Dragon 158

3. Yes Greats 158

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

OK I’ll play. 1) […]if your daily driver isn’t in your top 3 then you need a new daily driver. […] 3) Bacon. Bacon is top 3 on any list.

agreed. excellent points from geoff. that may make me re-think my quiver! i kinda feel like i don’t have a “daily driver” right now. i’ve bounced around this season a fair amount. only 23 days so far for me this season. been on the cheetah, carveair, juice wagon and blunt diamond – none of which are still around. lately its been the trannyfinder and skipjack surf. i think for now i’ll go with the below. but the ease with which it can change is absurd.

1. 2017 148cm skipjack surf

2. 159 Gnu Beast – kinda regret letting this one go

3. tbd (wish i kept the black scales fishcuit)

Q
    Participant

Burton LandLord 163

good lord yes

blackscales fish 160

custom x 164

michi
    Participant

1. s-rocker fish

2. libtech la-nina

3. gnu zoid

special nostalgia mention ; burton michi, Allian backman, uninc

Spenser
    Participant

Burton LandLord 163

blackscales fish 160

whyyyyy did I let it go when I had it!!!!

Velvet Hammer
    Participant

I would agree also, I’m always looking for that “feel”. I still take my Mod out occasionally now, it has several core shots and its beat to shit but the flex and pop are still there. The closest I have gotten is my Salomon Huck knife my new daily driver.

Mig
    Participant

1. Burton s-rocker fish (2009-2013). Specific favorite that I’ve ridden is the 09 LTD. Needs no explanation! 2. GNU Mullair. Perfect every-day for me. if they make one with a slightly more open sidecut (this one is slightly tighter for Mervin) that will be the new #2. 3. GNU billygoat C3. If I want to ride a twin-ish “normal” board, this is the one. Fast, fun, freight train. There have been plenty others that I love and are on my all-time favorite list, like the C3 Phoenix, but these are the top three for sure.

updating to drop billygoat and add fullbag blunt diamond. honorable mention for #4 is Charlie

Wow!!! Thank you very much @spenser !!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Mig.

El Che
    Participant

1) Mid 90s Rossignol Maple Recycler 152…taught me how to ride and got me hooked

2)2005 Rossignol Twin 150cm…helped me understand what the hell i was actually trying to do

3) 2017 Jones Ultra MTN Twin 157…current daily driver…

rick b
    Participant

1. Sims Switchblade; got the ball rolling

2. Burton Custom, first year 95.96 i think, redbase with Pegasus.

3. tough to pick now as it’s too fun to try them all!  charlie or 160fish for the pow slayage they’ve afforded me

Q
    Participant

Burton LandLord 163

blackscales fish 160

whyyyyy did I let it go when I had it!!!!

whyyyyy didn’t i buy it from you as a backup for when i ride the life outta this one?!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.