Home Forums Goods – closed Top 3 all time decks….

This topic contains 66 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  snowman 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

unsuspected
    Participant

1. Salomon Super 8 160. Daily and a frikkin’ carving machine.

2. Salomon Derby 151. Could be my daily if there were more pow in Sweden and wish it had bs camber.

3. Nitro Naturals 164. Third board I ever bought. For blasting groomers in wrap speed.

Why did I wait 18 years to buy new boards? Just stupid haha. The funny thing is that both of the Salomon were cheaper together than the Nitro.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  unsuspected.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  unsuspected.

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

glad to hear this! I have a 157 being delivered today. Going to the mountains this weekend, but the ones that are all closed. Then a wedding out of town next weekend. Guna be brutal waiting 2 weeks to ride it

unsuspected
    Participant

glad to hear this! I have a 157 being delivered today. Going to the mountains this weekend, but the ones that are all closed. Then a wedding out of town next weekend. Guna be brutal waiting 2 weeks to ride it

Rode it on slush this Monday and was laughing the hole time. That BS camber is like a carving switch. Flying out of turns.

Did well on hardpack and ice. Wonder how it will do in bid mountain pow? 🙂

yukiotokosama
    Participant

Rode it on slush this Monday and was laughing the hole time. That BS camber is like a carving switch. Flying out of turns. Did well on hardpack and ice. Wonder how it will do in bid mountain pow?  

I’ve only had my 160 Super8 for a short time and haven’t had too many days on it, but I’m impressed. A few weeks back @soymateo and I swapped boards for a few runs and he got to ride my Super8 and I got on his Gentemstick Giant Mantaray.

The Gentem is a next level carving machine, but Soy seemed to be impressed with the Super8. I think the Super8 is a little more playful than the Gentem, but definitely can’t carve as well.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  yukiotokosama.

Mr. Irrelevant
    Participant

Rode it on slush this Monday and was laughing the hole time. That BS camber is like a carving switch. Flying out of turns. Did well on hardpack and ice. Wonder how it will do in bid mountain pow? 🙂

being dirksen designed and presumably ridde…i’m sure it’ll do great in big open pow. im excited to get home today and do some scientific hand flexing. hoping it hits the sweet spot of what i’m looking for

F1EA
    Participant

hmmmm maybe not fair to all the other boards I haven’t tried but….

1. B Landlord >> wow. What a board. Great in any condition. Super agile, tons of pop. Fun.

2. Dupraz D1 5’5″+ >> the true one board quiver. Go faster.

3. Maybe a tie between the Endeavor Live and B Fish >>  Live = pop. Super versatile aggressive freestyle board. Fish = it’s just a fun factory.

snowman
    Participant

Custom 59 – 1997

Took this board on a heli trip and a few cat trips in 1998.   For the time, this thing ripped through the trees and floated well ( with the binders set back ).  Iconic graphics – turtle board.

Michi -2002

Stiff as hell and rode it for three seasons as my daily driver.   Today, I can’t imagine riding anything over 158.

Con Artist -2013

I was nervous as hell buying a 52 but this board is a dream.  Rails and grips the ice coast conditions with ease.   The OG CA might be replaced by the Skeleton Key but still not sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

The forum ‘Goods – closed’ is closed to new topics and replies.